Trust Lawyer Fort Collins, CO
If you want to establish a trust, you should speak to a trust lawyer in Fort Collins, CO. A trust is a complex legal document, so you want someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. A trust lawyer can help you create a valid trust that clearly states your wishes.
Benefits of a Trust
A trust is an estate planning document that allows you to manage your assets while you’re still alive. Here are a few benefits of establishing a trust:
- Skip the Probate Process: Probate is the process by which an estate plan is proved valid in court. However, the process is known for being lengthy and costly. Your heirs may have to wait quite a while to receive their inheritances if they go through probate. That’s one reason to consider establishing a trust. The assets in a trust typically don’t have to go through the probate process. Your heirs can receive their inheritances sooner and won’t have to pay probate fees.
- Assist During Physical or Mental Incapacity: Life can be unpredictable at times. If you happen to become physically or mentally incapacitated during your lifetime, you’ll be thankful to have a trust. The legal document allows you to appoint a trustee to manage your financial and legal affairs when you’re not capable of doing so yourself.
- Offer Flexibility: With a trust, you will also have more flexibility with your assets. For instance, you may want to set aside a trust for your grandchildren, but only want them to use that money toward college. Or you may decide to give your grandchildren their full inheritance once they turn 21. A trust lawyer in Fort Collins, CO can help you state these instructions in clear language.
- Provide Privacy: Establishing a trust will also let you keep your financial matters private. Since it doesn’t have to go through the probate process, the public won’t have any information about your assets.
- Prevent Court Challenges: After you’re gone, you don’t want your family to fight over your assets in court. It will just create more stress for everyone during an already difficult time. If you create a trust instead of a will, it will be more difficult to contest it in court.
If you’re interested in creating a trust, you should schedule a free consultation with William B. Moore, a trust lawyer in Fort Collins, CO.