Living Will Lawyer Fort Collins, CO
If you wish to create a living will, you should consult a living will lawyer in Fort Collins, CO. A living will, also known as a health care directive, is one of the most important estate planning documents you have. An experienced lawyer can help you establish a valid living will that clearly states your wishes.
What a Living Will Does and the Benefits
A living will is a legal document that explains your medical wishes to family members and health care providers in case you are no longer able to convey them yourself. Here are the benefits of having a living will in place:
- Turn Down Treatments You Don’t Want: There may be several medical treatments you don’t want for one reason or another. For example, you may never want a doctor to administer a feeding tube. If you have a living will, you will have a say in the kinds of treatments you want and don’t want.
- Reduce Burden on Your Family: If you become incapacitated during your lifetime, it will undoubtedly provide grief for your family members. If they are left to decide on your medical treatments, it can lead to even more stress. That’s another good reason to have a living will. The document will clearly state your medical wishes, so it will be less of a burden on your loved one.
- Avoid Conflict Among Family Members: If you don’t have a living will and become incapacitated, your family members will have to choose medical treatments on your behalf. However, not every family member may agree on the same treatment, creating arguments. If you establish a living will, you can help your family avoid conflict.
- Provide Flexibility: One of the great things about a living will is that it can be altered whenever you wish. If you happen to change your mind about the type of medical care you want, you can ask your lawyer to make changes to your living will.
- Prevent Financial Issues for Your Family: The last thing you want is for your family members to struggle financially to pay for your medical care. If you create a living will, you can reduce the cost of your medical care.
If you have additional questions about a living will, you should schedule a consultation with a living will lawyer in Fort Collins, CO. At W.B. Moore – Attorney at Law, we offer free consultations after normal business hours and by Zoom.
Living Will Lawyer Fort Collins, CO
There are many reasons to create a living will for your personalized estate plan as soon as possible, as a living will lawyer Fort Collins, CO residents trust can inform you about. The purpose of a living will is to communicate your preferences regarding medical care you will receive when you are elderly. Having this is part of an estate plan is helpful if you have specific ideas for how you want your future healthcare to be managed. However, setting up a living will and making an estate plan can be a complex process, and hiring a skilled lawyer may be necessary.
What a Seasoned Lawyer Can Do For You
If you have any estate planning questions or concerns, a trusted and qualified lawyer who understands estate planning laws provides personalized assistance. They can give you the information and legal support that you need to prepare an estate plan that reflects your goals and values, and assist you with any legal strategies that can ensure that your plan has everything it needs. Whatever help that you need with an estate plan, a lawyer will be able to offer their personalized support.
Should I Include A Living Will In My Estate Plan?
Establishing a living will is a preference and whether you should include one depends on what your estate planning goals are. However, it is highly recommended that you include this in an estate plan because it allows you to clearly explain what kind of end-of-life decisions that you want your family members to make on your behalf. They will not have to be left guessing what medical treatment you would be ok with, and what other choices you would make if you were not incapacitated. A living will eliminate any ambiguity that can complicate your loved ones’ ability to provide you quality medical care and ease the transfer of your assets.
Tips For Setting Up a Living Will
If you need assistance setting up everything you need to establish a valid living will, you can turn to a Fort Collins living will lawyer for personalized legal support. To develop a living will, you need to choose a medical power of attorney. They will have the legal authority to make the medical decisions should you become incapacitated. You will also need to have a discussion with your doctor and other medical professionals about the best kind of care that you should receive. Preparing important medical and insurance documents is helpful so that you can efficiently identify what treatments are covered and how it will affect your expected expenses.
Legal Help is Available
You do not need to make an estate plan alone. You can depend on a lawyer to guide you so that you can build a living will to include as part of a detailed estate plan that is suitable for whatever kind of estate that you have. Reach out to a qualified and top-rated Fort Collins living will lawyer for more information now.
“I was glad I found Bill as my business attorney. He has more than 30 years of experience in business laws. Most importantly, he is dedicated and honest in his service. You cannot find many business attorneys like Bill. By the way, he is a big guy with a big heart.”
John Nguyen Trinh